About Greg Leiser
Greg has over 25 years of diversified business, financial, and operational experience in his roles as CFO, Vice President of Finance, and Corporate Controller. Greg has served as a trusted advisor and sounding board to CEOs and business owners for public and privately held companies ranging from small family owned businesses and start-ups to venture backed organizations with revenues exceeding $250 million. Greg obtained his CPA license during his tenure at Big 8 accounting firm, Arthur Andersen & Company.
Greg’s experience as a CFO extends to most every aspect of a business’ financial and operational functions. In addition to building and managing financial teams of various sizes, he also has maintained management responsibility for HR, IT, Warehousing, credit and collections, and risk management. He has worked for highly successful international businesses as well as cash flow and profit challenged organizations. Greg considers himself a trusted business advisor first and an accounting and finance professional second.
Greg’s industry experience includes manufacturing, wholesale distribution, retail, consumer product goods, financial services, insurance, and construction. This diversity has allowed Greg to accumulate a broad base of business and financial expertise and a network of professional service providers to help CEOs and business owners navigate growth, solve financial challenges, and control operations.
Areas of Greg’s expertise and experience include:
- Strategic planning, budgeting, cash forecasting, and financial projections
- Development and translation of Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) dashboards
- Timely and accurate financial reporting, analysis, and presentation
- Working capital management (inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable)
- Product margin and pricing analysis
- Expense reduction and cost containment
- Business restructuring, turnarounds, and vendor relations
- ERP/Accounting software review, selection, and implementation
- Bank and alternative financing
- Human resources and risk management
- Banking, CPA, attorney, and insurance relationships
- M&A, private equity, and acquisition due diligence
Greg brings passion and enthusiasm to his job and the companies he serves. He is a detailed communicator, equally effective with boards and investors, management, and staff. Honesty, integrity, and enjoyment are core values that have led to success throughout his career.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Southern California. Greg and his wife of 26 years reside in Orange County along with their two sons. Greg enjoys golfing and basketball.
- University of Southern California – BS Accounting
Certificates & Licenses:
- CPA State of California (inactive)
- Financial Executive Networking Group