About Dipak Bhakta
Dipak has over 30 years of diverse business experience, having served in senior financial leadership roles such as Chief Financial Officer for a $110 million utility company, Vice President of Finance for a family-owned $4 billion retail company, and numerous Vice President, Director, and Controller roles at different size organizations ranging from small privately held businesses to larger publicly traded companies.
Dipak has led teams as small as 5 and as large as 160 responsible for accounting, tax, treasury, cash management, internal audit, budgeting, financial planning and analysis, information technology, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost accounting, and contract management. He has also managed operations functions such as customer service, warehouse and inventory management, shipping and receiving, production, purchasing and logistics.
Highlights of Dipak’s expertise are:
- He has excelled in many executive-level financial leadership roles in numerous industries
- His financial projections, and written and verbal presentations, have been instrumental in raising capital, including $20 million of development funding for a telecom company, a $125 million bank line of credit for a retail company, and a bond credit rating upgrade on $96 million in utility bonds
- He is skilled at managing relationships with external parties such as banks, investors, auditors, and regulatory agencies
- He has a proven ability to anticipate challenges facing a business, and lead the development and execution of solutions
- He has achieved multi-million-dollar cost savings through identification and successful implementation of improvement projects, from the simple to the highly complex
Dipak earned his bachelor’s degree in 1986 from Berry College (Rome, GA) with a double major in Business and Accounting. He began his career in Atlanta as an auditor and accountant for a $12 billion consumer products and building products company. He was promoted several times to positions of increasing responsibility across several different business units. He also attended graduate school while working full time and earned a master’s degree in Finance from Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business. In 1998 he moved to California and continued his successful career leading the finance organizations at technology and telecom companies, manufacturing businesses, a utility company, and a multi-billion-dollar privately held retail grocery company. He is a US citizen and a licensed CPA. He is also a graduate of the Food Industry Executive Program at USC’s Marshall School of Business.
Dipak lives in Laguna Niguel, California with his wife and two children. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, coaching his son’s soccer team, cycling, yoga, and golfing.
Master of Science – Finance, Georgia State University – J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Bachelor of Science – Accounting & Business, Berry College – Campbell School of Business
Certificates & Licenses: