About David Faulds
David has more than 35 years of extensive business experience as a senior financial executive and trusted advisor to CEOs and business owners of public and privately held companies. He has been the Controller/CFO for companies ranging from startup through to $1 billion. David’s industry experience includes: retail, apparel, hospitality, manufacturing and distribution, services, entertainment, energy and real estate.
He has successfully applied innovative thinking and problem solving, strategic analysis and plan implementation. David has been described as the “Sherlock Holmes” of accounting, he is a clean-up master, extremely hands on Controller/CFO and has a memory unmatched by any. David has a solid record of evaluating profitability, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency, developing strategies to reduce costs, improve internal controls and being able to data mine and strategize a company’s products and markets.
In addition to building, rebuilding and managing financial teams of all sizes and complexity, he has also had direct management responsibility for HR, IT, Credit & Collections, Risk Management, Operations, Contracts, and Customer Service. He is a very participative manager, who believes in working as a team towards common goals.
David has been successfully involved in managing companies through expansive growth as well as through retrenchment periods. He has had key roles in completing numerous financings and recapitalizations including bank debt, private placements and IPOs. He has successfully developed and maintained financing relationships with auditors, tax advisors, bankers and investors.
Other special areas of expertise include:
- Cash flow forecasting and working capital management
- Operational evaluation & improvement in processes and controls
- Expense reduction and cost containment
- Cost and profit analysis/product margin and pricing analysis
- Timely and accurate financial reporting, analysis, and presentation
- Strategic planning, budgeting, 3 year plans, and financial forecasts
- Development and translation of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboards and understanding the underlying levers available to effect improvements
- Business restructuring, turnarounds, and vendor relations
- ERP/accounting software review, selection through to implementation
- Bank and alternative financing
- Human resources and risk management
- Banking, CPA, attorney, and insurance relationships
David graduated from Cranfield School of Management in England and is an Active CPA in California and Nevada, FCCA (British equivalent to a CPA in the US). He was also on the Nevada Council for CPA’s for several years. He and his family moved to California more than 25 years ago. He is a US Citizen and resides in Orange County, California.
Cranfield School of Management
Certificates & Licenses:
CPA in California & Nevada (Active in both).
FCCA (British equivalent of CPA in US)