About Bud Terrell
Bud is a results-oriented finance and accounting professional. He is a CPA with 27 years experience as a finance executive (CFO, VP Finance, Controller) for companies in various stages of maturity — startup, high-growth, slow-growth, turnaround. Bud has significant experience in the following areas:
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Accounting systems implementation and general ledger setup
- Modeling and performance analytics
- Internal controls development and oversight
- Financial reporting (internal and external)
- Monthly close procedures and financial statement preparation
- Debt and equity financing and bank compliance
- Audit preparation and oversight
- Federal and state tax filings
- Federal and state licensing compliance
Since 2009, Bud has served as Chief Financial Officer of Cal RE Fund Management, a privately held real estate investment management company overseeing the acquisition, restructuring, and liquidation of $350 million of non-performing whole mortgages and bank-owned residential real estate assets (REO). Bud was responsible for the financial management processes, capitalization, and compliance.
Prior thereto, Bud served as Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration (CFO) for Sendio, Inc., a venture-backed developer of e-mail security solutions for enterprise customers and Senior Vice President, Finance (CFO) for NWP Services (National Water & Power), the nation’s leading utility billing, sub-metering, and energy management company serving the multifamily housing industry.
Bud has also held CFO level positions with three privately-held companies in the mortgage, investments, and manufacturing industries, and began his career in the Los Angeles office of Price Waterhouse, where he became licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in 1990.
- University of Southern California – Master of Accounting
- University of Southern California – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant, California No. 120157
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, California No. 01910288
- Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator, NMLS No. 1096216
- Part Time Adjunct Professor of Accounting and Finance – Cerritos College, Cerritos, California