About Andy Anderson
Andy, a native of Utah, began his financial background while studying accounting at the University of Utah. After graduating, he moved to Southern California and began his career at the then largest accounting firm, Arthur Andersen & Co. From Arthur Andersen, Andy moved on to work at companies such as: Foster Farms, Con-Way Western Express, and A-Z Bus Sales. Over the last 30+ years, 25 of which as the Chief Financial Officer, His career has spanned from working on small startup companies to very large companies with multiple locations and branches. He now specializes in assisting businesses to reach operating goals and improve profits.
Andy’s expertise includes working with company leaders to identify key performance indicators (KPI) to monitor and improve to increase success. He has learned that working with key players to refine the information for those KPI metrics will help companies reach the goals they have always thought possible. Other areas of expertise include: GAAP, Strategy, Metrics, Budgeting, Cash Flow, ESOP, 401k, Forecasting, Captive Insurance, Operations, Cost Accounting, Insurance, Employee Benefits and Activity Based Costing.
Throughout the years, Andy has taken an active role in training managers and entrepreneurs to understand operating processes and connecting them to improve financial results. Andy focuses on monitoring operating metrics that support the financial numbers, provides pathways to process improvement and resulting in higher profits. This close training technique has resulted in lowering costs and increases profitability.
Andy is a CPA, Secretary of the Inland Empire Chapter of CalCPA and an Eagle Scout. He is a member of FENG (Financial Executive Networking Group) and is an active volunteer in his neighborhood community. Andy and Marlene, his wife of 38 years, reside in the Inland Empire of Southern California and they have four children and eight grandchildren.
- University of Utah
Certificates & Licenses:
- CPA,Logistics Executive Development – Univ Tennessee
Articles by Andy Anderson
- Think You Have Your Troops in Tip, Top Shape?
- Lions, Tigers and Bears, Oh My!
- What Do Insurance Companies Do Best? Deny Claims!
- It’s My Party – And I’m be the Best Host Ever!
- Make Your Dream Team a Success TeamTM
- Already Swimming Hard Upstream Just Running Your Business?
- Congratulations on Selling Your Business!
- What’s all This Blogging Stuff?
- Bankers Need Constant Care and Feeding
- Preparing the Bank to Help Your Business Finances
- I’m Just Asking for a Short-term Business Loan — Why All the Questions?
- Does “Despicable Me” Describe Your Banker?
- I Can’t Afford a CFO – Throw that $ Away To Save the ¢
- So You’re the President
- A CPA and CFO Really Aren’t the Same People!
- CPA vs. CFO, What’s the Real Difference?
- SWOT’s Done, Now What?
- 16 SWOT Analysis Conversation Starters
- Re-Think Your SWOT Analysis –OR–SWOT Your SWOT Analysis
- SWOT This, New Year, New Review
- What are You Doing?
- Will 2013 be a Banner Year in the Inland Empire?
- A Little Background